Wednesday 5 November 2008

Danger

Day off today so a few of us players visited South Devon College for a bit of rehab/massage. Pete Morgan and his team battered and pummelled us, in a good way. I was fortunate enough to have a massage with Mel who is incredible, real tears to the eyes stuff but very very good. We are treated really well at the club and between Damien and Pete and the rest of the sports therapists the care is excellent . Thanks also to Gareth, Jen, Tammy, Amanda, Jodie and Charlotte who all pop into the club from time to time to give their help.
I met my wife and the 'Beast', she is a very pretty beast!, afterwards and while my wife bought a few things I took Hatty to a play centre to eat and dominate the place. It's always the same in these places and today was no exception . Hatty was playing and laughing as normal then while she was resting another fellow player moved in for the kill. He thought no one was looking so he started launching plastic balls into Harriet's face from around 1 foot away. At first Hatty smiled, she was either thinking it was a game or was thinking is that all you've got pal it's gonna take more than that to defeat me. On about the 15Th strike to the face I had to step in and give the young lad the death stare which had immediate effect.
I looked round to see where his Mum or Dad might be. I found them when the boy in question had run back to base crying 'she hurt me mummy'.
His Mum who was elbow deep in Now magazine shot up to 'protect' the 'poor baby' and came over and spoke loudly " Try to play nicely everybody otherwise someone will get hurt!!!!!".
The only chance of her boy getting hurt was if one the many missile's thrown were to ricochet of Hatty's face and roll onto him rendering him poleaxed!.
It wasn't long before the Mum was again eating the pages of Now magazine while the boy was ramming kid's at top speed with a baby walker. We are all blinded by the love of our own kids though and I'm no different in fact on one family holiday my boy had managed to tame a real 'Beach bully' after days of being battered. Cam had him floored, he looked up at me for instructions and the words that came out of my mouth were truly shocking "Finish him". True to form the sand was displaced into the lads face and we walked back to our sun loungers victorious. That really was a massive one off though honestly!!!. It's knowledge not power, that's the way forward.


I'm not feeling great at the moment , I would never admit to man flu but something has got me and my body is rebelling today as I also got another big bang in the ribs last night . Whenever you don't feel great or have a 'knock' as a player your mood changes a bit, it really is 'Bear with a thorn in his paw stuff ' so do not approach or try to feed as it will pass.
Really bad nights sleep as well. I finally nodded of about 3 and the kids started getting up from about 6.30. I don't know what's going on with my pillows at the moment but I'm having a real crisis. I must have lost my normal combination of 2 identical soft pillows during a house move but at the moment 1 pillow seems like a leaflet and 2 pillows seems like I'm resting my head on a Cow!.
Fireworks tonight, come on!!!!.


CH

No comments: