Sunday 9 November 2008

So it's Oxford or Dorchester in round two of the F.A Cup. Could be better, could be worse but it's at home meaning we have a great chance of making it to round three and a potential money spinning tie.

Yesterday started early as normal but for different reasons. My wife wanted to do a car boot sale with a friend so it was up with the lark and off for her. As soon as the door closed Harriet arose shouting "Wheres my mummy?", it was 6.00 a.m.
I actually attended the one other car boot sale my wife did but was that traumatised I had to leave early. Queuing to get in, a ridiculous start time, crazy people attacking the car as you park up and that's before you get to the selling!.
While I was there a woman approached us and picked up a pair of jeans , she haggled my wife down from around £10 to probably us paying her. That same pair of jeans that I was forced by my wife to drive all round London to find, it was for a club function at Brentford, that same pair of jeans that cost more than a flight to Spain, by a long way!.
It's mayhem at car boots you end up taking £1 for everything, "How much for your car?, I tell you what I'll give you a quid pal!".
Saying that my wife made a small fortune yesterday. In the first ten minutes she was offered £30 for a bag of jewellery by a Man but a Woman next to him said "I was here first will you take £80".........the man didn't get it!. The rest of the stuff in the garage can go but there's that much in there it would take months of car boots, so bigger garage it is then !!.
Yesterday I joined thousands of people all over Britain. Yes 'tidying the garage' has replaced going out with the lads to watch the footy or taking the motocross bike out. It involves shuffling around the garage in a bad mood and coming out 2 hours later having achieved nothing!.

Last night I went to see the new Bond film. I was literally man marked at the cinema for the whole night, firstly in the queue to get in. A couple were that desperate to get to their seat that I may as well of given piggy backs to both of them. Calm down the trailers will last half an hour anyway!.
Then in my seat the bloke next to me was leaning that far across his seat into mine I thought about offering him my jacket to rest on. That one didn't last long though!!!!!!.
The Film was good, Bond escaped from the baddies, fell from a plane 10,000 feet into a crevasse and fought like a trooper but his collar was still always immaculate, he could fall into a rubbish tip and come out with a dinner jacket on, that's why he's James Bond. I was a bit disappointed with the villains in the film though, no dodgy teeth, bowler hats, piranha fish or spikes in boots anywhere to be seen.
I also know that you were in there last night, you know who you are!. I'll give you a clue, the heating was a joke, I lost around a stone in weight watching the film, people were dropping like flies in there, even the chair tapper behind us stopped tapping to take his shirt off!.
Yes Dave(our driver) it was you, somehow you got into the building and turned the heating up to Volcanic, nice one!.





CH

No comments: