Sunday 30 November 2008

Draw

Double shattered!. No sleep at all last night, a combination of too much caffeine in the system and a new duvet that pushed the room temperature up to around melting point. This morning I dropped my son off at football with his Grandad, the girl's stayed at home with Grandma and my wife and I drove to the club for a bit of lunch and to listen to the 3rd round draw. Along with a few of the lad's and their partner's we all waited in anticipation...... "Number 56...Torquay Utd "............, Come on Ray Clemence say Man Utd, come on Ray say Arsenal,............"will play Blackpool". I never really took to Ray Clemence and I can see why now. It could be worse though, it could be away to Blackpool!!. Joking aside it's not a Premiership club which everybody had hoped for but it is a game that we can win, for now though it goes well and truly on the back burner.

On returning home it was time to get serious. Out came the Christmas decorations and for the next 3 hours we set about the house in true Christmas spirit. The Christmas CD went on, the baubles were thrown all over, each room had the 'Full Works', and that many lights have been rigged up that Dan ( next door) will have to do a full safety check ( He's a Fireman!!!) before they are turned on !.

Time to Chill out in front of the TV now, and it's a BBC 2 fest. I'll be watching The Long Way Down, Top Gear, Louis Theroux and then Match of The Day.... if my wife let's me. Very Doubtful!.

CH

No comments: