Monday 17 November 2008

I almost can't find the right words tonight. This isn't because there are no anecdotes or stories to tell or that I'm tired or fed up. The reason is that I was told something tonight that shocked me in a big way.
Early this evening I travelled to Plymouth to listen to a speech by Rob Walker a Freelance Sports Commentator. He has reported for the BBC1, BBC2, Channel 4 and Setanta. Most recently he was the sailing reporter at the Olympics and last Saturday you may have seen him commentate on the David Hay fight. I could talk about Rob all night he is a real character, in tonight's speech his passion and enthusiasm about his Media career and life shone through. It was great to speak to him briefly beforehand about Football and Boxing and I look forward to meeting him again.
After listening to his inspirational and motivating words I jumped in my car to drive home. I made a quick phone call before I set off and bang..... the words I am now struggling to find are about that conversation with a Friend. I can't talk about it but what I can say is that in my life and probably many others we worry about jobs, contracts and money, we get stressed out with the kids or argue about bills. The thing that we take for granted is our health and our families and to get home and hug mine and tell them that I love them couldn't come soon enough.





CH

No comments: