Friday 28 November 2008

Big Money Round?

It's the evening before the match against Oxford, the second round of the F.A Cup. We need to progress to the 3rd round where hopefully a big club awaits and some much needed ££££££. I have played in lot's of F.A cup ties over the years, lot's of highs and some lows.

High's include goals for Grimsby, Northampton, Hull, Plymouth and Brentford and other's!!!, and low's include a goal for Man Utd. Yes I did say a goal for Man Utd, it was during a great cup run with Northampton. We had beaten Rotherham away in the 4th round and were drawn to Man Utd at home. The club actually made over a million pounds from that cup run. Unfortunately I scored an own goal, just after half time and at 1-0 down, against the current Champions. In over 600 games it was, and still is, the only own goal I've scored!. A viewing audience of 60 million worldwide, about 30 family and friends at the game and a party arranged for the night.... brilliant!. I couldn't wait to do the press after that game.

The only good thing that came out of the game was that I gave Nicky Butt a bit of a slap for a late challenge. Another moment in the F.A cup, this time enoyable, was a goal I scored (In the right end this time!) at Reading in the 3rd round. We were losing 1-0 when in the last few minutes I managed to smash one in the top corner. Off came the shirt, I ran around the goal and celebrated in front of about 4 thousand travelling fan's. My brother was in the crowd that day and he said it was a great buzz when the goal went in as a bloke who jumped on him to celebrate had a Hargreaves shirt on, they did sell one that year then !!!!.
As I have said before though it is a great chance for player's to appear on Match of The Day. I will have to try and locate those old VIDEOS some day!.

CH

No comments: