Sunday 16 November 2008

Night Shift- Again!

Just returned home after a long trek back from York. It is 1.05a.m, all is quiet, I cannot sleep so it's time for late night TV and a few words on the blog.
A great result first and foremost, York hadn't lost at home this season. The team played very well and were rewarded with a big victory. Although the journey back was long the banter was high quality, helped by a refreshment break mid-way!. To have as many fans at the game as we did was a real boost, winning was the least we could do!. The fact that it didn't rain must have been a bonus as well, uncovered away stands are not great!.
We looked a little bit different today due to our enforced 'shorts' change. The ref seemed to think our light blue shorts clashed with York's dark blue shorts so something had to give. Instead of the home side changing to their away shorts as we had no spare set they 'Kindly' lent us their youth teams away shorts!!!. Great effort with the old psychological games but it turned out that York beat York today. It didn't bother us at all, in fact we had a good laugh in the changing room watching some of our lad's squeeze into those claret bad boys. No names mentioned but there were a few toffees being eaten in those shorts!
My Mum and Dad were at the game which was great as was my old mate Michael 'Slipmat, Chatty' Chapman. Sorry I couldn't stay over you guys but you know what it's like, a wrong move at this point could result in warfare at home, couple that with the fact that the cost of a flight back had doubled it was always going to be 90/10 against. I knew I should have booked that flight on Wednesday instead of trying to be clever and chancing it !!.
I'm suddenly extemely tired, my body is rejecting all form of movement and I can hear someone stirring upstairs, I have to blog off. Please tell me 'Hatty' hasn't sensed I'm home because if she has I am facing a night of torture!. 1.45a.m and out.


CH

No comments: