Thursday 20 November 2008

What A Week

What a week it has been. 'Toddy's' news was a real blow and obviously nothing is more important than his recovery. He was cheering us on to victory on Tuesday evening, a victory that has broken records and put us to the top of the league. Although by recent standards we didn't play that well the result was never in doubt, the only thing in the minds of the player's and the management is that of trying to win games.
After my last two season's in Football I won't be making any predictions, all I will be doing along with the rest of the lad's is aiming to give the club and it's supporter's what it deserves which is league status.
OK for now I will sign off as I am taking my eldest Daughter Issy to athletics, Cam my Son is sat next to me shattered after covering some serious ground in a school match, as well as throwing a few 'Cryuff's', step overs and 'chops' into the bargain ( yes I know he is my son !). Harriet is 'helping' with the tea and my Wife is giving me the glare because I'm sitting down, so as the Governor of California would say "I'll be back" .

NEXT SITTING

Just a few short words on this evenings activities. I played tennis with Dan (Next door) again tonight, come on you know I'm going to mention it. It was tough, I was feeling tired and stiff, Dan had just been fighting fires for a few days!. The score is not important Dan, it's the taking part, it's the banter, the fun. For the record, sorry again mate, I managed to scrape through in a close 6-2, 6-2 victory.
I had 1 court violation for volleying (with my foot) a ball over the fence and onto a roof, after a bad shot. I also had 4 court violations for offensive language as did Dan!.
On the whole it was a good game and as I said earlier (as long as you win!) it's all about the taking part, the banter and the fun!.
See you on court next week mate if your still talking to me.

By the way is that Timmy Mallet I see in the jungle!!. I met him after a game at Oxford of whom he supports. As I'm sure you will see Timmy is as mad as a box of frogs but can he win it ?, if old 'Biggins' can anyone can ( It's very doubtfull though!).

CH

No comments: