Thursday 11 February 2010

Big Book

It was good to get back on the training ground this morning to exorcise any demons still remaining from Tuesday nights game - all players will tell you the same bar none that this is the best remedy for football blues. That done, in the snow of Oxford, it was time to talk books. I jumped on a train to London, of which I will talk about tomorrow as I am shattered tonight, to meet Scott, Corinna, and Robin at Harper Collins.
Scott and his team have kindly/bravely/ given the go ahead for 'the' book to be written and so without further ado 'Where's Your Caravan' has officially been commissioned. I am really excited about writing it and I am sure that in 100,000 words time or so I will also be very relieved!
Hopefully I will also be publishing the second Captains blog at the end of the season (unplugged!), it will of course have a massively different ending to that of which I had planned but maybe it will have two happy endings this time round.
Now though it is now time for bed - incidentally that bed is not in room 105, 111, 139, or 239. No it is actually room 1 this time and it is in a different hotel entirely. Nice place, good bed, but tonight is 'Piano Bar' night and I am ten feet away from the pianist. You play it I'll sing it!.

P.S Scott, I am trying with the unneeded apostrophes or is it apostrophe's !

P.P.S Sorry to all for lack of replies to texts and calls, I am frazzled.

P.P.P.S Thanks Lindsey and John for the rebuilding work

CH

No comments: