Saturday 20 February 2010

An unusual time to blog but with my room being cleaned for it's next occupants and with half an hour to spare I thought why not. Firstly a well done to my old team mates for getting an important point at Rotherham last night, a point that may well be vital come the end of the season.
Yesterday saw the 'Tiger Woods apology' press conference and what an apology it was. Nearly fourteen minutes of nearly every topic possible, in what has to be the longest 'sorry' in sporting history. To be honest I didn't like it and its not because of a dislike for the great man, and he is great, or the fact that I don't play golf. I just don't think it was necessary to harp on about charities, Buddhism, and the like in front of the worlds press. Just turn up to watch the tournament and say "I have had a nightmare, I am so sorry to my wife and everyone else involved and I hope that one day I can get your respect back" job done, move one.
I know he is a global superstar who is a money making machine to so many, hence the big charm offensive, but he is still his own man and I think that a simple honest apology would have done just as much good. Again in the sporting world though the forgiveness of said partners astounds me, I think my wife would have removed the heads from my golf clubs or moved me to Dubai had my indescretions been revealed as with Woods and Terry!
The funny thing is that with the American public, and to some extent the British as well, everything is in the spotlight and we understandably like our heroes to be good role models. Imagine if Sepp Blatter had held that press conference, it may have been a little different. On hearing about John Terry's recent misdemeanors and the aftermath of it, FIFA's president Blatter said "I think the criticism is harsh, in our country he would be hailed as a hero".
There you go then, lets all move to Switzerland and have a party!!!!!!!!!.

Time to go, we have a game to win.


CH

No comments: