Tuesday 2 February 2010

Reputation

A very odd time to post a blog tonight but with our game (Oxford that is!) called off - Cambridge have to play in the F.A trophy match - and with me having been given a few day's off I have some welcome time on my hands. Cam has been dispatched to football, Harriet is watching crocodiles on TV with Issy, and Mrs H is shopping (Internet!!) so I am free for half an hour.
The big news to dominate the front pages has obviously been John Terry's off field misdemeanors. On the pitch it was business as usual but off it JT has landed himself in hot water by doing the dirty on one of his team mates, Wayne Bridge. It was interesting to see that some of Bridge's Man City team mates wore 'Team Bridge' vests at a recent game - some meaning non of Terry's England colleagues!.
I think Capello would be a brave man to strip Terry of the England captaincy but to be honest I think it would be a good move if he did. You keep him as England captain and you are basically saying 'Anything goes', you take the captaincy away and you are saying 'You have gone too far this time'. No one will care if he ends up lifting the World Cup but in today's high profile, high earning game I think the often heralded 'Man's man' Terry has certainly crossed the line and he definitely has not lived up to the reputation that comes with being 'One of the lad's'. Poor play all round John my son!.
I will be travelling up to Oxford again tomorrow in preparation for our game against 'Kiddy' at the weekend. As we know all games are important at this stage of the season and this one is no exception, a win is needed to keep the challenge up. Talking of needing results, T.U.F.C kick off in around ten minutes so it's good luck to the lad's from me and hopefully a win for the travelling fans.

CH

No comments: