Wednesday 17 February 2010

I was delighted with last nights result, beating Rushden 1-0. The spectacle wasn't great but no one will mind about that whilst reading the paper this morning. These games are often tight and although we didn't play as well as we might have, winning was vital. Nearly eight thousand fans cheered us to victory which is incredible on a Tuesday night especially with Man Utd on the box!

I arrived back about 1.30 a.m this morning having been mesmerised by the U.K's new motorway set up and new speed limit. Basically we are now driving on a huge network of aeroplane runways whilst the new speed limit on the M ways is now 50 mph. I actually got through 2.30 hours of talk sport whilst driving home after the game and had Jeremy Clarkson been on that journey he would no doubt have tried to machine gun down about 100'average speed cameras' and got through around 200 Marlboro lights. I have never seen so many cones and lights in my life, in fact when I eventually shut my eyes at around 3.30 a.m. all I could see was flashing bulbs!
This morning, after a Hargreaves family group hug and after seeing a man or two about a dog or two, I popped to see Jody (Jodes Salon) for a short back and sides, some football chat, and a mild therapy session - basically Jody takes half an inch off the length, then we discuss the football world, and then we have a good old gossip. In fact is is all in reverse order!
I then took the older two children to a well known toy shop to replace lost and broken scooters and to buy a car seat. As usual they had everything in stock apart from those items. My new nemesis is ToysRus.
With my wife still a little under the weather and with the arrival of Auntie Becky, Josh and Millie, I decided to cook a roast dinner. With my body temperature rising well above the recommended 37 degrees and having used every single piece of crockery in the house the job was done, complete with heavy duty Yorkshire Puds.
Now where is the red wine.

P.S Thank you so much for your help Grandma Joan, I hope the journey wasn't too traumatic. We have now welcomed your other daughter and grandchildren in to the madhouse!

CH

No comments: