Thursday 4 February 2010

Day's off

With my back in place - bed much better last night so no displaced discs - I trained with the lad's this morning. Having only played 30 minutes so far I got a little bit of stick, deservedly so, for rolling up on a Thursday having had a few day's off, but as I told the lad's it was a good 30 minutes!
There are a few old faces from my earlier time at the club, Billy 'I will shout at my defenders all game long even if they are doing well' Turley is still there, as are a few of the backroom staff including Alan 'five decades in football' Hodgkinson, but otherwise it is a different place on and off the pitch. Two things that have remained constant however are Andrea's brilliant post training food and Lindsey's (fitness guru/kit man/decent bloke) bone dry banter.
It still seems strange being away form T.U.F.C but in football you have to expect the unexpected. I find myself writing today's blog in a golf and country club near the training ground (it was a necessity to find weights to hammer and coffee to drink) and although very nice this new life is going to take some getting used to. I am used to having Harriet trying to pull the key's off the laptop or WW3 exploding upstairs.
I am getting through phone credit at will as staying in touch with my wife at all times is paramount (are you eating well/ who is that in the background etc etc!!!) and for a 6ft tall 13st man I am also safe in the knowledge that Harriet has given me her Cow to keep me safe - I wonder what the maid thinks when she sees it sat on my pillow!
Tomorrow it's a vist to a few old freinds but for now it's a stroll through 'Morse' land.

No comments: