Wednesday 24 February 2010

Night Vision

Well all in all I think it was a pretty good night of football, with us winning against a decent AFC Wimbledon side and the Gulls getting another vital point at Cheltenham I think last nights results went well. Had Cheletenham have won that game it would have been a big blow so getting the late equaliser is a massive psychological boost I'm sure for the team.
Our game against Wimbledon had the potential to be a banana skin but it was actually the best we have played in recent weeks and to get the win was vital. That is three wins on the bounce now and after such a hammer blow at Luton it was important that we showed a good reaction. I was one of the last to leave the changing room last night and as I sat there in the vast space I thought to myself how lucky I was to be still playing and how good it feels after a win. I soon snapped myself out of it though whilst 'shoe horning' myself into a freezing cold bath!
I then returned home to Devon and when I eventually arrived back at about 1 a.m this morning, after having sat through two hours of five live debates and around twenty sections of my favourite 50mph zones, what did I do? Yes I turned Sky Sports News on!
With my son being unwell today we decided to have a proper boys day consisting of bacon buns, pizza, Top Gear, FiFa 10, and a trip to see my mate Ian at his car garage. Surely it is too much to expect to be able to watch the 'footy' on TV later as well!!.
I am though like the proverbial old labrador today, my hips and groins are in tatters, I seem to have worms, and my walking capabilities are of a John Wayne meets the Tin Man level. I am nipping to see the Guru later though so all should be well in a couple of days.


P.S Nice to see the Andrews posse last night, see you guys very soon.

CH

No comments: