Monday 15 February 2010

Jam Tarts

An early start for yours truly this morning - only to get to Oxford and realise that I had arrived for training two hours early - however with training as usual being very bright, Andrea's post training shepards pie and rice pudding both being tremendous, and Lindsey's massage and banter equally as good it wasn't too much of a hardship. I am slowly getting used to rolling up to a new training ground every day, and being with a different set of lads, I should be used to that though having done it around eleven times in my career.
Most footballers are the same really, they need to be worked, kept happy, fed and watered. The first and last of those requirements are easy, its the second that is the most difficult as not everyone can play every week! We have a tough game against Rushden tomorrow night and after my fifth ice bath in 48 hours I should be ready to play.
On the home front I took the children for a late walk last night before bed. Harriet looked after us on the way round scaring away the 'Munsters' and she was also still talking about her jam tart lovehearts (in a loveheart shaped bowl no less) that 'Wull' next door had given her for Valentines day. As we walked along Topsham highstreet it was hard not to look through some of the restaurants and notice quite a few very tense looking couples 'enjoying' a romantic meal out. Whether it was the emptiness of the eataries or the sheer pressure on the lovebirds to enjoy themselves the cheese knife was definitely needed to cut the atmosphere. I opted for long distance InterFlora, a little pressie, and an I owe you. I can't tell you what the last one is for but if I say that Fiona's mum is staying at the moment it may give you a clue!!!!!!!!.


P.S I haven't officially thanked the T.U.F.C lads for the highs and lows, laughs and more laughs, help, and freindship that they gave me during my time at the club. You were always a full five percent behind me men and thanks for being the cause of my rounded shoulders and back pain (It's a carrying joke!) Only joking of course, a top group of lads who I absolutely loved working with, even you 'Dingle'. I will give you a full rundown of the charcters still at the club sometime but for now I gotta go as my new mates are here, ever seen the film Shallow Hal !!



CH

No comments: