Sunday 14 February 2010

Rantville

I travelled home last night relieved to have won our game against Histon. Going from being captain of one club under pressure to captain of another club under pressure is tough but, as always, wins do help. I was really disappointed to see Torquay lose and I know it is harsh for me to say it but it is just a good job that Grimsby aren't winning - they being the club that I made my debut for and also had two promotions with so I don't want them to be relegated.
Tough times at Plainmoor but there are some good players at T.U.F.C and they can soon put a few results together to pull away from danger.
Like the rest of the country I have been reading about the 'Terrygate' scandal and to be honest the whole thing is a joke. Having already allegedly offered £10,000pound 'back hander' tours of Cobham (Chelsea's training ground) and touting his Wembley box for £4,000, he then tops it all off by servicing his best mates ex-missus behind his (Wayne Bridges) back. Mrs T then flies off to Dubai in a huff only to welcome him and his chequebook back with open arms six days later - I would still be well and truly locked out of my wife's hotel room if I had tampered with my old mates missus - again that is, sorry Kev! (also a left back eh!)
Then we have the replacement captain, Rio Ferdinand, (already ever so slightly dodgy having 'missed' a drugs test and making an interesting home video with friends) in hot water on his stag week with an Israeli model. Throw in Ashley Cole with his 'pleased to see you' picture texts, sent by a 'friends' phone to a page three girl, and you have one huge melting pot of 'Chavness'. The best bit is that John Terry was 2009 dad of the year and old Rio is patron of the Princes trust with press releases this week calling him a 'role model.
It's not even about the money, although seeing Terry on £180,000 thousand a week must deflate even the most philosophical of players who are plying the same trade and are mostly on around £179,000 less, but more often a lot lower!!. It is about taking the **** and this week I'm afraid too many have.
While I am on the warpath the F.A lot are just as bad, but for different reasons. They are all on massive salaries, making massive decisions (mostly bad ones), eating four hour lunches, bending over backwards for the privileged, and swanning round like they are high profile politicians - who incidentally are just as bad.
Then in the 'real' world we have Barclays bank declaring their £10 billion pound profit margins and their £2 billion pounds given in bonuses to people who have made lots of money from the poor sods who are up to their necks in debt.
If I am wrong about any of the above then I whole heartedly apologise to all those concerned but to the naked eye I reckon it's about right.
Finally, I watched a great documentary on Friday night about a Task Force travelling through a Taliban stronghold in Afghanistan. The constant danger of IED devices, the searing heat, and the lack of sleep had was incredible to see. Yes they do choose their line of work but they certainly do earn their money on the job.

Back on the motorway tomorrow and back in room 101 or similar.

CH

No comments: