Wednesday 3 February 2010

Hotel

Belated well done to my bro Mark, more top marks and more light shining through at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who couldn't quite believe the final result last night, another late goal conceded means more lost points. It will change in the end but it's the in between stage that hurts the most.
Tonight I am heading off to my on/off home for the next few months - room 105! I have certainly spent a few nights in hotels over the last twenty or so seasons, some good and some bad. I have to say that this one is very nice apart from the concrete mattress and the ice cold room temperature. I am determined to work out the air con system tonight though and I will also be on the hunt for a softer mattress as last week I ended up playing with a shattered vertebrae, frozen shoulder, and locked neck.

I must quickly (very quickly) mention that Dan - next door neighbour and surf extraordinaire - managed to get a set off me (tennis) the other day. Well done mate but it will never happen again. You played very well but I was well, well below par!

The children are annoyed at me going away, Cam will miss beating me at any X-Box game ever invented and he will miss our constant banter - he has abandoned his surf hair cut tonight and gone back to his old school look, thank-you Amanda (next door neighbour again but this time hairdresser extraordinaire) for rescuing the job, the wine is on it's way.
Hattie will miss hide and seek, fighting, stories, painting, eating competitions, kissing, hugs, and den building, and Issy, well come to think of it Issy won't actually miss me at all , she is 9 years of age after all. As far as my wife is concerned I am dispensable as Grandma Joan (her Mum) is currently staying. Grandad Iain however has gone. After exhausting all the odd jobs needing doing here he has returned home...... to do more odd jobs there!
I bid you farewell and will be on my merry way.

P.S Tomorrow I aim to find the most random WiFi cafe in Oxford from where I will randomly blog.

CH

No comments: