Monday 26 October 2009

50 MPH

Am I the only one who has noticed ? Is the whole of Britain's road network now under the control of 50 mph speed cameras. Whether it be Holden Hill in Devon, the M5, the M1, or the M whatever, every road that I have driven on in the last 24 hours has been littered with the old 'I AM DETERMINED THAT YOU WILL NOT GET HOME TONIGHT' devices.
Not only that but the journey back home, to the 'Northern Riviera' always takes you five hours. You can stop three times for toilet breaks and sweet top ups, drive at 60 mph (if that's possible), have horrendous traffic en route and it will take you five hours. You can also drive not stop, have no traffic en route, drive like Jenson Button and yet it will still take you five hours. It is freakish.
For fear of turning into Jeremy Clarkson I will stop talking cars and motorways.
Instead I will talk football, but in boxing terms. If Saturday's game could have been settled on points it would have been a unanimous decision, we hammered them. Unfortunately though we couldn't finish them off and although a point isn't enough, that next victory is going to come soon and with it hopefully a run of results.
Again our support was fantastic, a long trek, an expensive day, and no points to take home must be hard to bear but we really need that sort of following to pull us through.
My wife and I returned home to Devon 'childrenless', the children wanted to stay for a few extra days to spend more time with their Auntie Becky and cousins Josh and Millie - not forgetting a little package of fur called Bruno. Yes Bruno the puppy was melting hearts this weekend, although the 5.30 yelping on Sunday morning was a killer!
Finally 'Hanson Hargreaves' continued on the sofa today, I just cannot wait to comment on a T.U.F.C victory. Apologies to all if it put you off your tea. (I will keep you a copy though Kev, and you too 'Lamb').
Talking of those two lads I will be treating them, and Scott 'UFC' Beaven to lunch on Thursday. They all need a bit of TLC from the big man, I won't let you down boys. Just text me on Wednesday night to remind me though!

P.S Just watched the final of Masterchef, top stuff, and yes I realise I am getting old ! I have talked about speed limits, driving conditions and cooking.
Tomorrow I will respond with a 'phat' and 'dark' piece of 'bling' scripting, peace.


CH

No comments: