Tuesday 27 October 2009

Paint Pot

I'll set the scene, it's dark, Harriet is desperate for the toilet, Cameron is coughing at 100cpm (coughs per minute), Isabella is asking me for the fourth time in ten minutes how long there is to go and I am being slowly garroted by my 501's. Add to that the fact that I have gone from 70mph, to 60, to 50, incredibly to 40 and then back to 50 - yes the speed camera's again I'm afraid - where do you think I am?
You've guessed it I am in the car having picked the children up at Tamworth services.
With the first leg over and after kissing Auntie Becky goodbye (thanks again and have you seen a picture yet?) we all jumped in the car, again, and began the final trek home. I hate the M42, despise the M5 and am now two inches shorter than when I set off. That sums up the seven hour round trip that I have just endured.
Oh and I also got a call from Wayne and Toddy, with two hours still to go, asking if they should wait for me before they order a pint of the black stuff (thanks lads, just rub it in).
Ok I can now move on.
It was great to see the children again - two days is long enough apart.
On the way back Hatty told me a story "Once a once a time a girl called Tommy went for a walk with she's friend, Susi, a pomegranate falled off a tree, and she was three and then she was six"! Those haribos need checking out I think!
Today at the club we set a few records, the first was how many players we could fit on a pitch in one session, about 50 was the answer. The second was a fitness record, not bench pressing, dips or even rowing though. No, how long could you hold up two large cans of emulsion in each hand!! the answer, so far, 1min 3 sec. More on that subject on Thursday.
For now though it's traction and bed.

CH

No comments: