Thursday 15 October 2009

Sandwiched

I forgot to mention in the last blog how nice it was to see Avy and Mart (Mr and Mrs H) at the Notts County game. We all miss you so much and look forward to a Riviera visit soon.
P.S Leave the bike in the garage!

Sandwich boards? Are you thinking the West End, maybe Leicester Square. Yes so would I have until today when I saw a guy on a street corner at an industrial estate nearby fully decked out in wood. The funny thing is that I can't even remember what he was advertising, all I remember about it was that he was actually reading a book !!! So he was bored, I don't blame him either, his back must have been killing him stood on that corner with 20 kg on his back, and I bet that every single person who drove past must have said the same thing "Poor bloke, what is he doing there". Don't get me wrong if I needed the money and had to provide for my family I would stand there naked, hopping on one leg, shouting "Roll up, roll up".
Surely though in this day and age the sign could be left on the street corner to advertise by itself. Rant over.
By the way, no abuse please if you happen to see me next year, naked, on a street corner, and with a sandwich board on!.

I realise now how lucky I have been whilst doing my (few) book signings. After hearing about Leonna Lewis' incident I will now be more vigilant, especially with the run of results we have just had. Still I don't think there will be any crowd trouble involved at such small gatherings!!!!!!

P.S Hello to Martin, fellow children's entertainer, T.U.F.C fan and blog reader. Keep up the good work.

CH

No comments: