Monday 12 October 2009

Comeback

Well what a couple of day's! Firstly last night. Away at Notts County, they are flying high and we are at the wrong and of the league, they are 2-0 up and we are being written off. That's what makes this 'game' so interesting, as we sorted ourselves out and gave a proper performance in the second half to gain a draw. Both teams could have won it at the end, and a point doesn't seem a lot to us, but psychologically it is another comeback and a sign that we are about to turn the season. We have got to go into games now believing that we are going to win them and we have to regain the spirit that has kept us driving forward over the last few seasons. I'll be honest, it hasn't been the same at the club since we returned in the summer, for a number of different reasons, and this may or may not have had an impact on the pitch, but one thing is for sure, whoever plays it doesn't really matter what matters is Torquay United not being at the bottom of the league. That is the only objective for everybody.

Mr and Mrs Miller.

What a day! Congratulations to Jason and Sarah. It was a great day, an awesome location, unbelievable weather (mid October), top food and drink, and not a bad bride and bridegroom!! Sarah looked stunning (Jas looked OK!), as did daughter's (and bridesmaids) Ruby and Zoe. The ceremony was lovely, but as I had volunteered to do a bit of cam cording I didn't really take it in. I was far to busy getting a good view of Sarah (sorry about the close ups!) as she made her way down the aisle. Incredibly Sarah's dad gave me a camcorder with only 59 minutes of space on it! The ceremony alone lasted 32 minutes and the first speech lasted 35!!!!(Lindsey it was good but long!)so you don't have to be a genius to work out that the wedding video was now done.
I thought I had a back up though as another guest (Damien) told me to relax as he had 2 hours of battery left. But no, two minutes into the 'Best Girls' speech he turned to me and said the dreaded words "Battery is dead". I was now down to the little 'Busbi' camera I use for the blog videos. I did as much as I could but then another disaster, as I was trying to press the record button, which was playing up, I noticed that there seemed to be one less video on it. I pressed it again to try to record again and the full horror hit me. The nasty little machine was now possessed, the record button was now the delete button as well! Add that to the fact that four of the children at the wedding were playing with it in the marquee, I almost dare not look at what is left on it.
Still it doesn't matter, that wedding will stay in the memory of everyone for a long, long time. It was, as they say, perfect.

CH

No comments: