Friday 30 October 2009

Summary

Phil Brown, the Hull manager, has one game left to avoid getting the sack. Paul Hart, the Portsmouth manager doesn't know whether his players will get paid or in fact who owns the club he manages. At the same club, Portsmouth, Avram Grant waits in the wings for a work permit to help 'aid' manager Hart. Marlon King, the Wigan striker, has been sent to prison for 18 months for actual bodily harm on a woman. He has also been given the sack by the clubs chairman Dave Whelan. Welcome to the beautiful game - still, at least most of the 'Pompey' players are millionaires so lets not feel too sorry for them!.
Yesterday I treat 'Lamb', Kev and 'Bevs' to a spot of lunch. I can't deny that it hurt me to spend the children's pocket money on the lads, but they needed a bit of a boost so 'Tarzan' had to step in. With 'Lamb' considering becoming a carpet or conservatory fitter (recently let down by both), Kev considering becoming a painter (a superb cameo role in the paint pot lifting challenge has spurred him on) and 'Bevs' considering becoming a goalkeeper again (harsh on the big fella, I know) I felt that treating them to some food, drink, and banter was the least I could do to raise their spirits - the banter was free.
It was good to catch up though, after all I hadn't seen them for a while-fifteen minutes earlier on the training ground to be precise!. I don't know who was sweating more in there, Bevs about whether to have a cake or not, or 'Kev' who drips in the bucket load at the mere thought of public and food!.
Next round on 'Bevs'.
Tomorrow I face my old club Northampton, ten managers, three chairman, four years, and an emotional last game, and last goal, for the club in a play-off defeat is a quick summary of life at the Cobblers for me.
Another quick summary is that we are going all out to win the game. It has been a long time since I wrote about a victory, I hope that this time tomorrow that is the case.

CH

CH

No comments: