Sunday 4 October 2009

Banana!

I feel angry today, angry that we are languishing at the bottom end of the league. The aim for me is still the same, promotion. It's a tall order but it was at this time last season so the goal that we must all strive for hasn't changed at all. A combination of even more effort, a few signings here and there, better refereeing and some much needed luck should have the desired effect.
That is the serious stuff done as tomorrow I am officially a pundit. I am going in to the BBC to chat about the local teams goals and results over the weekend. Watch out for shouts of 'a game of two halves' or 'the boy done good' or 'goals win games' or maybe in true Martin Allen fashion (my old Brentford manager) I will try to get an odd word in as many times as I can, his record incidentally was nine mentions of the word banana!!! It went something like this..."Hi Martin great to have you here tonight, how do you think the teams will line up"... "Hi, well the home side will be all out banana attack and the away side will obviously be a bit more defensive minded". Brilliant stuff from 'Mad dog', in fact I think he even finished with "It's banana a pleasure".

Must go, my wife is due back soon and the house is a bomb site, the homework needs finishing, the children need bathing and the dog needs walking (Ok I haven't got a dog but you get the message.

CH

No comments: