Thursday 22 October 2009

Football Fest

It's a football fest tonight so whilst my wife is out of the room I am taking the opportunity to enjoy the channel hopping - three games to choose from is a dream, as is the cake I have just quickly wolfed down!(one of Scott Rendell's Birthday offerings).
Wife now back in the room, football off, but cake destroyed.
Driving back from Maidencombe tonight I saw a sight which put a smile on my face, a young lad in a Torquay shirt on a football pitch on his own. He was smashing the ball into the net time after time, no doubt as well doing a few kick-ups here and there - I remember the day's! To see a Torquay shirt being worn, rather than a premiership one, was an added bonus.
I am not trying to become a football spin doctor here but after a conversation with a wise old man (my Dad), I have decided to stop moaning about the league position that we are in. In his words "Son you would rather be 3rd from bottom of the football league with 30 games to go than be attempting to get into the conference play-offs with 30 games to go". I agreed.
I know there have been a few rumblings about the money situation we are in at T.U.F.C but there are some top people at this club, juggling more than one role, so let's hope that we start winning, more people turn up to watch - and we reach the Quarter finals of the F.A cup - so that the pressure can be eased a bit for all concerned.

Now for ease of writing, and ease of reading, I will now give you a few classic Hagreaves statements;

To Gary in Australia, I am willing, for research duties, to come over in the summer and check out any budding talent that we can recruit for Torquay Utd F.C. I will obviously need to get acclimatised first and also sample the local food, drink and surf!

To Paul in China, I am willing, for research duties, to come over in the summer and check out any budding talent that we can recruit for for Torquay Utd F.C. I will obviously need to get acclimatised first and also sample the local food, drink and surf !!

To Dave and Clare in Holyhead, keep in touch !!!

To the man in the red Hyundai, you can put it in second gear, you can drive above 20mph, you can fit through a crater sized gap, you can go on green, you did make me late, and no one is looking at your shiny new car.

CH

No comments: